As volunteer Cadets, we are committed to meeting the needs of our department and our community through volunteering. Through our adventures, events, and tasks we are also commited to providing as much positive exposure for our cadets to develop their chances of full time employment not only in Peoria, but any department.
Our Cadets Have one workout per month that is based on real world needs for a Firefighters level of fitness. Afterwards they are coached on the most critical portion of any hiring process, the interview.
There is also a monthly drill where our Cadets get hands on training with our Firefighters. Hose lays, Technical Rescue, mass casualty, wildland, Haz-Mat, you name it they get to do it!
Our programs participation is kept at 30 strong. When five or more openings become available we interview those on the waiting list for a possible position. Only the best of the bunch are selected.
We are committed to growing with our department through the years and continuing to successfully help our department and community while maintaining a great reputation with the rest of the valley fire departments. If you are interested in our program please read below:
Interested in becoming a Peoria Cadet? If so follow the easy steps listed below:
1. Locate the link at the bottom labeled "Peoria Fire Cadet Interest Card" click on it, fill it out and submit it.
2. Write a Minimum 500 word essay (seperate from interest card) telling us about yourself, and why you want to be a cadet.
3. E-mail your completed essay to: FF Matt Cottini email@example.com
4. Keep an eye on your email and we will be in touch with you regarding the next steps in the process.
5. If you have any questions about the program, your essay, requirements, etc, click >>HERE<< to send us an email with your question(s).